Flash Forum, Tutorials, Education & Training

Flash Tutorials

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much do you charge for a homepage hero Flash banner?
X10
post Apr 22 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,536

Hi all,
I'm new here, I was just recommended this place from one of your existing members.
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but this seemed the most logical.

Basically I wanted to know from any freelance web developers/digital creative artists/flash developers what the average going rate was for a hero flash banner on a homepage.

Simple kind of stuff, mostly timeline based and possibly some AS2 or 3 for button & links.

Obviously this will vary depending on the client, but I wanted to know what kind of rates people charge, or have at least quoted.

I recently started learning Flash and my employer is keen to contract the work to me rather than paying the design agency that is currently doing it. I haven't been able to get a straight answer on how much they are charged by the current agency, but have asked me to give a quote.

As I'm new to Flash and freelancing in general I wanted to know what a 'going-rate' fair amount would be - I don't want to undersell myself, or charge so little as to de-value the market.

(The kind of stuff I'm being asked to do would be similar to the stuff on:
www.leapfrog.co.uk
www.hsbc.co.uk
www.tomy.co.uk

The assumption is that some of the individual visual assets would be pre-existing - products, logos, some backgrounds - which they would want turned into a Hero image.)

Or if you know a good place to ask this question please let me know.

Any advice appreciated!!

X10
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Webwasp Flash Forums

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:57 AM